Burn Pits 360 was founded in honor of Army Captain Le Roy Torres, who served in the U.S. Army for 23 years (7 years – Active, 16 Years – Reserve). He deployed to Balad, Iraq from 2007-2008. Captain Torres also served the State of Texas as a State Trooper for 14 years. Torres suffers from complications from illnesses that began after he was exposed to toxic fumes during service in post-9/11 Iraq. Le Roy was subsequently diagnosed with Constrictive Bronchiolitis and Toxic Brain Injury. After experiencing delay, denial of benefits, and ineffective treatment from his physicians, Le Roy alongside his wife, Rosie, founded Burn Pits 360.
Burn Pits 360 seeks to ensure that no other service member or Veteran suffers his fate and to ensure that we would make the invisible visible. One of the greatest disservices to those who served is to become invisible.” Over the years, Rosie and Le Roy established an independent Veterans exposure registry where thousands of war heroes and their families reported the same suffering and denial of health care and benefits. Le Roy and Rosie combined bring over 40 years of experience working with Veterans and active duty service members and families. Rosie worked for the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs for 23 years. Together they co-founded Burn Pits 360.
- 2009 – Military Personnel War Zone Toxic Exposure Prevention Act, (HR 2419) introduced by Bishop and Shea Porter.
- 2010 – Burn Pits 360 establishes independent registry
- 2013 – President Obama signs national burn pit registry into law.
- 2017 – Burn Pits 360 hosts the 1st annual Burn Pit Congressional Hearing
- 2018 – Burn Pit Hearing, U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on Veterans Affairs, Subcommittee on Health
- 2019 – Burn Pits 360 hosts the 2nd Annual Burn Pit Registry in Washington
- 2019 – Gov. Abbott signs HB 306 Texas Open Burn Pit Registry Act
- 2020 – MTEC Virtual Conference with Grunt Style
- 2021 – Press Conference in D.C. – Warfighter Presumptive Bill
- 2022 – Passage of the PACT ACT – Burn Pits 360 at the signing of this historic law.