4th Annual Texas Patriot Ruck March
October 15 @ 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
A 20-mile Ruck March from the Warrior Support Center in Robstown, 201 N. 4th St., to the Coastal Bend Veterans Cemetery off I-37 and back.
About this event
This fundraiser, awareness-raiser, and show-of-support event benefits both Burn Pits 360 and Team Julian.
Burn Pits 360, https://burnpits360.org/, is a 501(c)(3) Veterans Organization which advocates for the veterans who were negatively affected by the toxic burn pit smoke while deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. We seek to rebuild their lives through wholistic medical treatment and we advocate for policy change to extend medical benefits to this population.
Team Julian is the group of supporters for Julian Galloway. He is the 7-year-old cancer-surviving son of CCPD officer Lee Galloway and Monica Galloway and the grandson of legendary combat reporter Joe Galloway who also authored the book We Were Soldiers which was later adapted into a movie. (photos courtesy of family)
When Julian was 4-years-old, he was diagnosed with cancer and underwent chemotherapy. After a relapse, Julian then underwent stem cell therapy. He has been free of cancer ever since.
More info about the Ruck March
– stops at Mike Shaw Toyota, the Annaville Volunteer Fire Department, the Coastal Bend Veteran Cemetery, and VFW Post 3837 on Leopard
– food, water, and sports drinks are provided by local vendors
– $40 for adults, $15 for children 12 and under by Oct. 8th
– $50 for adults, $25 for children 12 and under from Oct. 9th – 15th
– T-shirt guaranteed if registered by Oct. 8th
– Volunteers also needed
– Bring your flags
– FMI, contact Irma Davila at 361-777-8298